Friday, February 10, 2012

ONE MONTH SEIZURE FREE!!!!!

This has been sort of a miracle and a nightmare all at once. We have had to make so many horrifying decisions, that most parents do not even think about making nor should have to, but the testimony I am giving today, makes every decision, every experience all worth it! More importantly, we believe, matter fact, I know God has been with us every step of the way! Without God, none of this would be possible, and my sweet little boy, would still be suffering, and maybe not even still here with us today! Anyway, I am elated to report that Savion has been SEIZURE FREE FOR ONE MONTH!!As scary as surgery was, it was all worth it. In fact, the seizures that Savion had prior to surgery were becoming more stronger, frequent, intense, and longer. Even after surgery, he had some seizures. They were so bad that he would cry during them! As strong as I was, I was horrified knowing that surgery was really our last option, as Savion had tried almost all medicines and the diet known to have success with Infantile Spasms. Savion's neurologist, although she tried to remain professional, was fearful as well. I could hear the urgency and clinging of last hope that she held onto for surgery. You see, without surgery, and if Savion's seizures continued the way they were, his life expectancy and/or quality of life didn't look that great. However, today I am happy to report and can't say it enough that we are celebrating one month of freedom from seizures. We are celebrating one month of witnessing Savion's smiles every single day! I know God is real and He always shows up right on time! Please take a minute and thank God for what He has done for Savion! This past month has been the best month of not only my life, but Savion's as well! He is not hitting his head when seizures suddenly come. He is not falling over! Matter fact, he is walking better than he has since he started walking! He is interacting more with us! He is laughing, playing, and most of all focusing on things longer than he ever has! He is even looking at and seeking out objects that have the tiniest details. Now, you know the devil is always busy and tries to give us doubt, so my fight continues everyday to rebuke him! I am not quite there, where I am sleeping peacefully, since I am watching Savion's every move, wondering if he is about to have a seizure. Every time he salivates, I immediately get caught up wondering if a nasty seizure is coming. Every time, Savion gets quiet, I am staring at him, fearfully wondering if he is about to have a seizure! I drive the girls crazy, I am constantly asking them, did y'all see Savion have any seizures? BUT the devil is a liar! I have to just stand firm on GOD'S WORD and PRAY! This is a fear we will live with, because his EEG will probably always show a little abnormal activity in the left area, that the surgeon didn't remove because it wasn't safe to remove. We still won't know how much of his eyesight has been compromised as a result of surgery. No, Savion's EEG doesn't look like most kids his age. Yes, he is developmentally delayed, some of his skills are as low as a 7 month old baby. But GOD, we have seen HIS MIRACLES, and I can testify to all HE has done for SAVION! I have FAITH and HOPE that HE isn't finished with Savion yet!! All we can do is take one day at a time, especially since we have been living with this horrible disease for most of Savion's life. And while this horrible catastrophic disease will probably haunt us for a very long time to come, we still put all of our TRUST in GOD. I've heard him say to me, Peace be still!! Although Savion has a long way to go, I trust that the wonderful angels and prayer warriors that God has placed in our lives, will continue to encamp and surround Savion and scream and pray for victory over this dreadful disease, will continue to pray for healing, and healthy and normal development, and will pray for the gift of speech! Savion is trying hard everyday to communicate with us, and we are thankful and praise GOD for just that! We are confident Savion is beginning to sign "EAT"! We serve a mighty God and continue to look in amazement and wonder at all He does for our sweet little Prince! Savion is a fighter! HE is one brave little boy! I am honored to be his mother, and humble and happy that God chose me! Please continue to keep praying for Savion! MUCH LOVE!!!

No comments: